Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Presentation at the Saskatchewan IT Summit 2010

Today I had the pleasure of presenting at the Saskatchewan IT Summit. The title was: What if dreams did come true? What to do when technology in the classroom is no longer a barrier.



I also created a wiki to use during my presentation: http://itsummit2010bobiash.wikispaces.com/

The theme of my presentation was collaborative learning. During my presentation, I shared the inquiry process my class used to develop its collaborative video and proposal that ended up winning one of 15 Best Buy's Best in Class Awards in 2009. Participants were then asked to collaborate themselves to come up with their own plans or ideas for incorporating new technology into their classrooms to improve student learning.

I decided to present at this conference because I have been asked by a number of people to share some of the methods and processes I use in my classroom to guide inquiry projects. I also decided to have an interactive portion to my presentation by asking the participants to engage in a discussion and envision how to spend a large amount of money on technological tools to improve student learning in their classrooms. When applying for grants and large prize amounts, it can be a bit overwhelming to envision how to spend large amounts of money and really justify how it will be impacting student learning. What better way to get ideas then to share experiences with other colleagues.

I hope the participants left with something new and I want to thank them for letting me share my story with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment