Saturday, March 7, 2009

I'm a Mechanic!

It is report card time and I have been spending a lot of time lately analyzing my students' writing. After reading a number of blog posts about Typealyzer, I thought it would be fun to analyze my own writing after blogging for a month.

This is what Typealyzer says about my blog:

"The analysis indicates that the author is of the type:

ISTP - The Mechanics
The independent and problem-solving type. They are especially attuned to the demands of the moment are masters of responding to challenges that arise spontaneously. They generally prefer to think things out for themselves and often avoid inter-personal conflicts. The Mechanics enjoy working together with other independent and highly skilled people and often like seek fun and action both in their work and personal life. They enjoy adventure and risk such as in driving race cars or working as policemen and firefighters."

Analysis
This show what parts of the brain that were dominant during writing:


What I find funny is that the analysis of my writing on this blog is pretty much how I operate at work and in life. I'm the problem solver type and tend to also be a good listener as I usually wait to hear what everyone has to say and then respond after thinking about it for a bit. The part I find funny is the last sentence about wanting to drive race cars or becoming a firefighter or police officer as none of these things have ever appealed to me. In reading my diagram, I have to say that I will need to work on the right side of my brain.

I think I will have to reanalyze my blog after a few more months of writing to see if things have changed. I think I might also have my students try out this app after they have been blogging for awhile. It would be interesting to compare notes.

2 comments:

  1. I just did mine - same as you! I would love to know how they come to the conclusion that they did - what they looked for in our writing, etc. Thanks for the fun site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Neil. Isn't it fun? I would like to know what they looked for in our writing too. Are you going to post yours on your blog?

    ReplyDelete